Saturday 23 July 2016

Amazing train curves and beautiful senerio of travelling

Amazing train curves and beautiful senerio of travelling:
                               We found that the compartment was full of passengers and piles of luggage with every one of them. Somehow I managed to stand by the side of a window. The train was running at a great speed. When I looked through the window I forgot everything of the world and completely lost myself. I saw the vast open fields and Mango and Sal trees in the moonlight night. Seeing this unearthly beauty of nature my heart was filled with indescribable pleasure and joy. I was amused seeing the houses and trees passing by very fast from my eyes.
My co-passengers expressed their sympathies and consoled 
me
. The TTE, a stern, no-nonsense person, came over to find 
out about the incident and asked me for the ticket again. I 
informed him it had been lost along with my wallet. He asked 
me to take a new ticket since I cannot travel without a valid 
ticket. I explained to him that all my money also went down 
with the wallet and I was left with just a 50-paisa coin. He 
was not willing to listen to my pleas and asked me to get 
down at the next station.
However, after some time he came back and asked me to 
meet the Train Superintendent who was in the last bogey and 
get his permission to travel.
I walked through numerous bogies jostling with crowds and 
virtually fighting my way through at times to reach the officer 
and tried to explain the situation to him. But he flatly refused 
to give any such permission and said the TTE had no 
business even to send me to him. Dejected, I found my way 
back to the TTE and explained my predicament.
Finally, he agreed to allow me to travel up to Palghat where 
he would be handing over charge to another TTE, and it was 
up to the new TTE to allow me to travel ahead.
To my pleasant surprise, he offered me Rs. 20, to see me 
through the journey. In fact, he was apologetic about not b
eing able to give me more money. He insisted on my taking 
the money, saying I could return it after reaching home.
At Palghat, I waited anxiously for the new TTE, concerned 
that he would evict me. He came, not to evict me but to 

assure me that he would allow me to travel up to Vijayawada 
since the previous TTE had explained to him my situation 
and requested him to take care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment